Wednesday 12 September 2007

The Nintendo side of life

Many years (and many coins) have passed since those 1984 facts I told you. If you took a look to my actual exsistence, you'd easily notice that video games still have a huge importance in my everyday life. First of all, my main job deals with creating a videogame magazine. This involves deciding the flatplan of the magazine, writing reviews, editing texts from freelance reviewers, speaking with PR people from the game publishers, doing press tours and other stuff of the journalistic kind. Anyway, if you really wanted to understand my vision about videogames, you should not look for it in that magazine. Don't let me be misunderstood - I try to do my best on it, but when it comes to love games, I'm on the Nintendo side of life. Sure, almost every console has great games (potentially), but I generally find my spiritual and poetic vision of the world better reflected by Nintendo games. It's something very deep, which involves my beliefs, my ethics, my wallet. I'll talk to you a lot about Nintendo here. But first, you should give sense to what you just read by reading something more: my very own review of Super Mario World, the best videogame ever made (it's written in Italian). So big, so bestest that I couldn't do a proper review. But - maybe - I could catch a glimpse of the Nintendo side of life.

4 comments:

Ted said...

Come del resto ebbi a scrivere io stesso tempo fa:
"...amo l’industria dei videogiochi dei tempi che furono, quella che era come un torrente in piena, talmente stretto che un sasso delle dimensioni di Super Mario World era più che sufficiente a cambiarne il corso per sempre..."

Era un gioco inarrivabile. Il più bello di ogni tempo.

B. said...

Domani. Domani esce Super Paper Mario. Capisci. Domani. E forse tu non hai ancora Nintendo Wii.
Qui sul divano scrissi qualcosa che ora è totalmente outdatatato, perche' il gioco non uscì su Game Cube e esce tipo un anno in ritardo. Domani.

Baddo said...

dire "non ho mai giocato a super mario world" è un po come dire "non so cos'è l'olocausto" vero?
Vado a studiare storia.

Anonymous said...

Beh più che all'Olocausto lo paragonerei a qualcosa di più allegro, magari la caduta del muro di Berlino ma provando a immaginare più che un muro una diga da cui tracimano una marea di colori, idee, funghi e puro divertimento. Sì, insomma, anche il muro di Berlino non c'entra una beneamatissima fava: non c'è stato evento storico tanto allegro da poter essere paragonato a Super Mario World.